Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Non-Fiction Five Wrap Up

So I finished all five of my non-fiction books awhile ago. But, true to form, I took my sweet time with the blogging. I thought I stayed pretty close to my original list, but really just 3/5.

Revised List:
1. Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader by Anne Fadiman (review here)
2. How to Live Your Dream of Volunteering Overseas by Josheph Collins, Stefano DeZerega, and Zahara Heckscher (review here)
3. Control Theory in the Classroom by William Glasser (review here)
4. When I Was Elena by Ellen Urbani Hiltebrand (review here)
5. Skipping Towards Gomorrah by Dan Savage (review here)

Favorite Book: Skipping Towards Gormorrah... I just love Dan Savage.

Least Favorite Book: Control Theory in the Classroom... I knew that going in. You can't read a book that was cutting edge in the '80s without thinking, "Oh please... who doesn't know that?"

I was disappointed not to read Vegan: The New Ethics of Eating... it seemed to have disappeared from the library. Perhaps having moved to a larger city (although less vegan friendly) will increase my odds of finding it.

Thanks to Joy for another lovely challenge!

No comments: