Friday, November 28, 2008

Chester

Seriously, as part of my job duties I had to sit down and read the 20 books nominated for the Washington Children's Choice Picture Book Award. It didn't take me long to find my personal favorite and predicted winner... Chester by Melanie Watts. See, there's already a spot for the medal on the cover.

Ok, I laughed and laughed and laughed out loud. I've been plotting how to read it aloud to the kids for maximum giggles.

You see, Melanie is trying to write a story about a mouse... but her cat Chester will have none of that. He constantly interrupts the story by breaking in with red marker. The text moves back and forth from Melanie in black and Chester in red..."dueling author/illustrators".

I loved this book so much I've convinced a few others to give it as a gift, plus added it to my own Christmas list.

Recommendation: Even if you're not a child, you'll be smiling and giggling as you witness Chester's power plays.

No comments: