Thursday, December 27, 2007

Young Adult Book Challenge (Revised)

I've done some reworking of my list. I weeded out the young ones... but I am keeping a few that are borderline because I've seen them on other people's lists!

The List:
1. Misadventures of Maude Marche: Or Trouble Rides a Fast Horse by Audrey Couloumbis
1. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
2. Stumptown Kid by Carol Gorman
2. Slam by Nick Hornby
3. Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
4. Chicken Boy by Frances Oroa Dowell
4. Anatomy of a Boyfriend by Daria Snadowsky
5. Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata
5. Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
6. Criss Cross by Lynn Rae Perkins
7. The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron
7. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
8. Holes by Louis Sacher
9. Frindle by Andrew Clements
9. Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson
10. The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
11. Brian's Winter by Gary Paulsen
12. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

I picked up Holes and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn over the past few days. Now I'm really excited to get started!

2 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

i think you've done a good revision. i read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn a few months ago and loved it! i'm also going to read Gathering Blue for this challenge, i think (after i re-read The Giver). i keep hearing good things about The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, so i may have to add that one to my list.

Joy said...

I'm not sure which ones were really YA or not, because I'm relatively new to the YA genre. That's why I planned the challenge! :)

I hope you're happy with your revised choices. Ultimately, it's all about having fun and enjoying our reads.