Saturday, April 5, 2008

Peaches

I first saw Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson on the shelf at Powell's. I like to browse the children's/young adult section from time to time. Ok, a lot of the time! I didn't think too much about it until I was revising my list for the Young Adult Book Challenge. I popped it on.

It's a cute book. The plot outline is pretty basic. Three girls. All different. Hate eachother. Overcome differences. Work together. Best friends! Of course there's a bit more to it than that...

Here's a quote from the back of the book: Together these three very different girls will discover the secret to finding the right boy, making the truest of friends, and picking the perfect Georgia peach. So you have to expect it to be a little sappy, right?

I could see girls in the 12-16 range really enjoying this book. And considering it's a national best seller, it seems like they do. There's also a sequel, The Secrets of the Peaches. I probably won't bother with it.

Recommendation: If you're a Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants fan (I'm not), you'll like the taste of these Georgia peaches.

1 comment:

Framed said...

It sounds like alot of other YA adult books I've already read so I'll probably pass on this one. At least I'll try to remember if I ever see it in the store.