Saturday, February 16, 2008

Please Bury Me in the Library


I spotted the book, Please Bury Me in the Library by J. Patrick Lewis, in Village Books several weeks ago. I loved it so much I politely sent a little note to my mom suggesting it would make an excellent birthday present. Luckily, she agreed.

This book is so cute. It is a collection of poetry for children about books and reading. Some of these will definitely be posted in my classroom and around my library (when that joyous day comes).

Here's my favorite:

Great, Good, Bad

A great book is a homing device
For navigating paradise.

A good book somehow makes you care
About the comfort of a chair.

A bad book owes to many trees
A forest of apologies.

Recommendation: If you have a soft spot for children's literature, or reading in general, you'll enjoy these cute little literature inspired poems.

No comments: